- 450g/1lb cooked British turkey breast meat
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder or paste either medium or hot according to personal taste
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml/1/4pt orange juice or white wine and water mixed together
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150ml/1/4pt 0% fat fromage frais
- 150ml/1/4pt reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 400g/14oz can of apricots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/4oz fresh or ready to eat dried apricots
- Assorted salad leaves or freshly cooked long grain rice to serve
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Extra apricots and freshly chopped coriander to garnish
Discard any skin and bones from the turkey and cut into small bite size pieces.
Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the curry powder or paste and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
Blend the tomato purée with the orange juice or white wine, then stir into a pan with the lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, strain and reserve the liquor until cool.
Blend the fromage frais and mayonnaise together then stir in the cooled liquor. Drain the apricots and purée them.
Next, stir them into the mayonnaise together with the cooled liquor and seasoning to taste. When well blended, stir in the turkey meat.
Stone the apricots if using fresh ones, then chop them into small pieces and add to the turkey mixture and stir lightly.
Arrange the salad leaves or cooked rice on a serving platter and pile the mixture on top.
Sprinkle with the toasted almonds, garnish with the extra apricots and chopped coriander and serve.