- 450g/1lb cooked turkey meat
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped or A-1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 large carrot, (about 175g/6oz in weight), peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 220g/8oz can pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 1 tbsp tomato purÃ©e
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp vinegar, white wine vinegar preferably
- Parsley sprigs to garnish, freshly cooked rice to serve
Cut turkey into 1.25 cm/ 1/2 inch cubes and put to one side. Blanch the green pepper in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and put to one side.
Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion, chilli or chilli powder and carrot for 5 minutes, then add the turkey to the pan.
Drain the pineapple and make up the juice to 350ml/12floz with water.
Blend half the juice with the tomato puree and stir into the pan with the soy sauce and honey. Simmer for 5-8 minutes then add the green pepper strips.
Blend the cornflower with the remaining juice and stir into the pan with the pineapple pieces and the vinegar.
Continue to cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the turkey is piping hot. Garnish and serve with the freshly cooked rice.