For the turkey kebabs
- 800g mini turkey breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 skewers
For the Greek salad
- 1 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and diced
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- Handful of Kalamata olives or black olives
- Small bunch chopped mint (optional)
- Dressing: 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dried oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- Warm pitta bread
- Lemon wedges
To make the kebabs, place the diced turkey, lemon, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper in a bowl.
Mix well and leave to marinade for at least half an hour, preferably overnight.
To make the Greek salad, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, feta, olives and mint in a bowl.
Just before serving, toss the salad in the dressing.
Thread the marinated turkey onto the skewers. Cook under a hot grill or on a BBQ for around 7-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Serve the turkey kebabs and Greek salad with warm pittas, tzatziki and lemon wedges to squeeze over the turkey.