- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large red pepper, thickly sliced
- 450g British turkey mince
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mild smoked paprika
- 150mls red wine
- 3 tablespoons good quality cranberry sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- sour cream & coriander leaves to serve
- 8 large metal skewers to cook
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
In a large roasting tin toss the onions and red pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the turkey mince, egg , garlic and paprika and season well.
Divide the mixture in eight and using wet hands mould each into a 7-8cm sausage shape.
Thread 2 sausages onto each kebab stick and place on a non-stick baking tray.
Drizzle the koftas with the remaining olive oil and roast in the oven for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
Mix together the wine and cranberry sauce and pour over the roasted vegetables.
Return to the oven for 12-15 minutes or until bubbling hot.
Serve the turkey koftas with the vegetables and a side dish of sour cream.