- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 250g cooked British turkey breast, cut into very small pieces
- 75g water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 55g honey glazed cashew nuts, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp Chinese plum sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour blended with 4 tbsp cold water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
Heat the oil, add the onion and cook for 5 mins.
Add the turkey, water chestnuts, cashew nuts and plum sauce and heat through.
Add a touch of water, and once boiling, thicken slightly with the cornflour and water.
Season well and keep warm.
Pull away 8 nice leaves of lettuce, wash well and place in a bowl.
To serve, place the warm turkey mix on the table, and serve the lettuce leaves separately.
Place a spoonful of mix into the centre of each lettuce leaf, roll up and eat.
Tip: this recipe can be doubled if you are feeding a crowd or serving at a party
© Phil Vickery