For the burgers:
- 500g fresh British Turkey breast mince
- 1 tsp of each: ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt and hot or mild chilli powder (to taste)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 5 burger buns to serve
For the guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- Handful ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Heaped tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put the turkey mince, herbs and spices and egg in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add the breadcrumbs and mix well again so the breadcrumbs are evenly distributed.
Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 5 evenly sized burger patties. Put on a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
To make the guacamole, roughly mash together the avocado, tomato, coriander and chilli until well combined but still chunky. Add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Grill or BBQ the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve the burgers in toasted buns with a big dollop guacamole in place of relish.