- 500g of British turkey mince
- 1 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped, pale section only
- 1 green chilli, long, finely chopped
- 60ml of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp of lime zest
- 1/2 red onion, finely slice
- 13g of coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp of fresh mint
- baby cos lettuce, to serve
- 40g of peanuts, finely chopped
In a wok, heat half the peanut oil until just smoking. Add half the turkey mince along with half the chopped lemongrass and chilli.
Quickly stir-fry, breaking up the lumps of mince, for just a couple of minutes or until the meat begins to brown slightly
Transfer the turkey mix to a heat-proof bowl and repeat the process with the remaining oil, turkey, lemon grass and chilli, re-heating the wok between batches.
Once both batches have book cooked, set the mix aside to cool for 15 minutes
While the turkey cools, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime zest in a small bowl until well combined
Drizzle the lime dressing over the turkey mixture and mix in the chopped onion, coriander and mint.
Spoon the turkey mixture into the lettuce leaves and sprinkle over the chopped peanuts to serve