- 500g minced British turkey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heaped tbsp tinned sweetcorn, well drained
- 4-5 tbsp natural dried breadcrumbs
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- Salt & ground white pepper
Mix the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
Add the seasonings, sweetcorn and bread crumbs and mix well again.
Leave to chill for 30 minutes.
Mould into 4 or 6 balls, then flatten slightly into small patties and refrigerate until ready to cook.
To cook, lightly spray or brush the patties with a little olive oil then oil the BBQ bars just before putting on the burgers.
Cook for 3-4 minutes then turn 90° to give a criss-cross effect.
Cook again for 3-4 minutes.
Turn over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Serve the burgers in a soft tortilla wrap with a little chopped crunchy lettuce, sliced ripe tomato and another spoonful of mayo or your favourite relish.
© Phil Vickery