- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 350g/12oz potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp plain white flour
- 750ml/1A pt turkey or chicken stock
- 300g/10oz cooked diced turkey meat
- 50 /2oz sweetcorn kernels
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large pan then gently saute the onion, garlic and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the red pepper and saute for 2 more minutes, then sprinkle in the flour. Cook for 2 minutes, then draw the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the diced turkey with the sweetcorn kernels, add seasoning to taste, then continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the turkey is piping hot.
3. Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning, then sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve.