- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 350g / 12oz potatoes peeled and diced
- 450g / 1lb fresh diced turkey
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 450ml / A pt turkey or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- soured cream and snipped chives to garnish
- warm crusty bread to serve
1.Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and gently saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the potatoes and saute for 2 more minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted draining spoon and reserve.
2.Add the remaining oil to the pan and seal the diced turkey on all sides then return the vegetables to the pan and sprinkle in the paprika and flour. Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently, then gradually stir in stock, the tomato puree and seasoning to taste
3.Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally then lower the heat. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and Tabasco sauce to taste, then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Blanch the green pepper in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and add to the pan. Adjust seasoning, then cook for 5-10 minutes or until the turkey is tender. Turn into a warm serving dish, top with small spoonfuls of soured cream and sprinkle with the snipped chives. Serve immediately with warm crusty bread.