- 350g British turkey breast, sliced into 1cm thin strips
- 200g dried soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 6 tbsp any oil
- 1 large courgette, very finely sliced (I use a veg peeler but you can get a special peeler that makes fine strips now)
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Olive oil (optional), to serve
1. Bring a medium sized pan of water to a rolling boil and add a little salt. Plunge in the noodles. Bring back to the boil and simmer for about 5-6 minutes or until they are soft but not falling apart. Drain well and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok. Add the turkey strips and gently cook, making sure not to overcook them. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat. Add the courgette strips and quickly sauté until they wilt – this will only take a minute or so. Add the lime juice, turkey and cooked noodles and mix well.
4. Finally, remove from the heat, season well with salt and pepper and add the tomatoes and basil. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, if you want.
© Phil Vickery