- 350g British turkey breast steaks, sliced and cut into 2cm strips
- 200g bulgar wheat
- 350-400mls boiling water or stock
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice 2 large limes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- ½ small egg white
- 1 tbsp heaped cornflour or arrowroot
- 350g sliced turkey breast meat, cut into 2cm strips
- 2-3 tbsp any oil
- 1 x 100g bag baby spinach leaves
- 100g cubed Feta cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
Place the bulgar wheat in a saucepan and add the water or stock.
Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 15 minutes until softened and cooked but still nutty in texture. Drain well and leave at room temperature.
Place the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, garlic, sliced onion into a bowl and mix well.
Season with a little pepper, no salt is needed.
Lightly beat the egg white with the cornflour or arrowroot, then add the sliced turkey. Mix well, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Bring a small pan of water to a simmer and add a little salt.
Drop in thin slivers of turkey making sure they are separated and cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain well.
When cooked place the warm turkey onto the bulgar wheat and mix well.
Add the dressing, spinach and feta and mint really mix well.
Serve warm, or chilled.
© Phil Vickery