- 50g butter
- 1 skinless boneless British turkey breast joint, approx 1.8kg
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 150g dried apricots, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful each of chopped parsley and thyme
- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60ml stock
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
Preheat the oven to 230ºC/Gas mark 8.
Heat half the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic, celery, onion and pepper until soft.
Add the apricots, lemon zest and juice, herbs and breadcrumbs and season. .
Gradually add enough stock to make the stuffing moist but not wet. .
Lay the turkey breast out flat, skin side down.
Spoon the stuffing down the middle then roll up and tie.
Place the turkey breast upwards in a roasting tin, smear with the remaining butter and cover with the bacon. .
Cover with foil and roast for 50 mins per kilo plus 30 mins extra, removing the foil for the last 30 mins.
Check the juices run clear, remove from the oven, then leave to rest for 20 mins.
Serve sliced with a selection of roasted vegetables.