- 12 slices of bread, crusts on
- 200g British turkey breast, cooked and sliced
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 8 ripe, baby plum tomatoes
- 1/4 of an Iceberg lettuce, chopped very finely
- 8 tbsp of good quality mayonnaise mixed with juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 8 rashers of dry cured bacon, cooked and crispy
Toast the bread and keep warm.
Mix the iceberg and mayonnaise together and very thinly slice the tomatoes.
Lay 1 piece of toast on a chopping board, spoon on a little lettuce and mayonnaise, top with 2 rashers of bacon and a few tomato slices and a little turkey.
Lay on the next slice of toast, a little more lettuce, turkey and a few more slices of tomato. Make sure you season each layer with plenty of salt and pepper. Repeat this until all ingredients are used.
Cut into triangles and skewer with frilly cocktail sticks, serve immediately.
© Phil Vickery