- 50g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 250g good-quality sausagemeat
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped sage or 1 tsp dried
- 75g fresh white or brown breadcrumbs
- 125g canned chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper
Dry fry the bacon in a small frying pan until the fat runs, then fry the onion in the juices for about 3 mins.
Add the sherry and cook until it evaporates.
Remove from the heat, tip into a big bowl and allow to cool.
Mix in the sausagemeat, sage, breadcrumbs, chestnuts, lemon zest and seasoning.
Chill until required.