- 350g/12oz shortcrust pastry
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 225g/8oz British Turkey breast steaks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1tsp Cajun seasoning
- 100g/4oz small broccoli florets
- 100g/4oz grated Gruyere cheese
- 200ml/7fl oz single cream
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
1. Use the pastry to line a 9½ inch flan tin, 1in deep. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and stir-fry the turkey pieces for 2-3 minutes. Add the Cajun seasoning and stir-fry for a further minute. Leave to cool.
3. Boil the broccoli until just tender. Drain, plunge into cold water, drain again. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Place the flan tin on a baking sheet.
4. Arrange the broccoli in the pastry case, top with the turkey and cheese. Beat together the cream, eggs and seasoning and pour into the pastry case. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is golden and set.