- 675g turkey breast steaks or turkey stir fry strips
- 5 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning herbs
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g/14oz can artichokes hearts, drained and quartered
- 5 tomatoes, skinned, cut into strips and seeded
- 50g/2oz pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- Lollo rosso lettuce, to serve
Cut the turkey into 5cm/2 inch long strips if necessary, and put into a glass dish.
Mix together the oil, wine, garlic, shallots and herbs and pour over the turkey.
Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces and add to the mixture, season with salt and pepper, and mix together.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Strain the turkey from the marinade, reserve all the liquid.
Heat a large frying pan, add half the turkey and stir-fry for about 4-6 minutes until cooked, remove and cook the second batch. Return the turkey to the pan, add the marinade, artichokes and tomatoes and cook together for 2-3 minutes.
Turn into a bowl and allow to cool.
Serve on a bed of leaves and scatter over the olives, if using. Alternatively garnish with some shredded basil leaves, if available.