- 250g British turkey mince
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger peeled and very finely chopped
- freshly milled black pepper
- 500-750mls hot chicken stock
- 50g leeks, finely sliced
- 50g frozen peas
- 100g firm tofu, diced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 50g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 100g glass noodles, cooked
- 1 small bunch watercress, finely chopped
- dash lemon juice
Mix the turkey mince with the chopped ginger and season with black pepper. Roll into small balls the size of a large marble.
Meanwhile, place the hot stock, leeks and peas into a large saucepan, bring to the boil, and cook for 2 minutes.
Drop in the turkey meatballs one by one and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the turkey is cooked through.
Add the tofu, soy sauce, mushrooms, noodles and watercress. Warm through and check the seasoning, add a dash of lemon juice to finish and serve.
© Phil Vickery March 2009