- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500g British turkey diced breast or mince
- 200g large prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs in juice
- 50g black olives, chopped
- 50g green olives, chopped
- 200g long grain rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- ½ litre boiling water
- Salt and pepper
- 100g Cheddar cheese, chopped finely
Pre heat the oven to 190°C gas 5.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan (one with a lid), then add the onion, oregano and garlic, then cook for 5 minutes.
Add the turkey breast or mince, prawns, canned tomatoes, olives and really mix well.
Add the rice, crumbled stock cube and enough boiling water to just cover all the ingredients.
Season well with pepper and a little salt.
Bring to the boil, stir well, then cover and place into the pre heated oven.
Cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
Remove from the oven, fluff up with a fork, then stir in the cheese, check the seasoning and serve.
Tip: If you have any leftovers, cool down quickly, cover and put in the fridge. It can be enjoyed cold.
© Phil Vickery