- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 240g pack streaky bacon
- 1/2 x 25g pack sage, 6 leaves reserved and rest roughly chop
- 2 x 500g British turkey mince
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 x 25g pack parsley, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160° fan, gas 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
Line a 1.5l loaf tin with greaseproof paper and line with rashers of bacon, slightly overhanging the sides. Then lay sage leaves on top.
Place the turkey in a large bowl with the breadcrumbs, egg and herbs and cooked onions. Season well and mix thoroughly. Press into the loaf tin, stretching the overhanging bacon over the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes until firm.
Weight the meatloaf down with a board and a couple of cans on top, and allow to rest for 15 minutes before turning out of tin and slicing.
Serve with chutney and seasonal vegetables