- 450g British turkey mince
- 25ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 100g red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 5ml ground coriander
- 15-30ml freshly chopped mint
- 15-30ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 5ml fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lime finely zested and juice
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 2-3 little gem outer leaves per portion
- 4 portions cucumber raita
Coat the turkey mince in olive oil, heat a suitable size frying pan and stir fry the turkey to a light brown.
Add the onions, garlic pepper, and chilli. Cook out then add the tomato, coriander and lime zest and juice, cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, taste for seasoning and adjust if required.
To serve spoon a portion of turkey mince into each lettuce leaf, arrange on a dish and serve with an accompaniment of cucumber raita.