- 350g/12oz dried tricoloured pasta shapes
- 100g/4oz back bacon, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 350g/12oz turkey stir fry strips
- 100g/4oz baby button mushrooms, wiped and halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml/A pint single cream or fromage frais
- 50g/2oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 300ml/A pint Low-fat natural yogurt
- Extra Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Cook pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for 5-8 minutes or according to packet directions, drain, return to pan and reserve until required.
2. Gently saute the bacon in a pan until the fat begins to run, stir frequently, add oil if using and saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes
3. Add turkey and continue to saute for 5 minutes or until sealed. Cook for 3 minutes, add mushrooms and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until the turkey is completely cooked.
4. Add the turkey mixture to the pasta, season to taste then stir in the cream or fromage frais and grated Parmesan and heat through for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the yogurt, mix lightly together, heat for a further 2 minutes then serve with extra Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.