- 4 turkey breast steaks, approximately 100g (4oz) each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon or 1 pinch dried
- 4 slices Parma ham, approximately 75g (3oz)
- 25g/1oz butter or margarine
- 12 – 15 peppercorns in brine, crushed
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 150ml/1/4 pint single cream
- Lemon slices to garnish
To make escalopes, place each turkey steak between two pieces of cling film.
Beat out with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser until approximately 3-5mm/1/8-1/4 inch thick.
Season turkey with black pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice and tarragon. Wrap each escalope in slice of Parma ham.
Heat butter in heavy based pan. Sauté escalopes over medium heat for 3 minutes each side.
Add crushed peppercorns and sherry, cook for 1 minute.
Remove escalopes, keep warm.
Stir in cream, heat through. For thicker sauce, bring to boil, cook until sauce thickens.