- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 100g (4oz) smoked, rindless streaky bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 375 (12oz) turkey mince
- 225g (8oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
- Large pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g (10oz) dried green tagliatelle
- 600ml (I pint) white sauce
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 75g (3oz) grated chedder cheese
Heat oil, brown bacon.
Add onion, sauté until soft.
Add turkey mince and cook whilst stirring, until coloured.
Add mushrooms, pepper, and herbs and seasoning, cook at high heat for 2-3 minutes, then set aside.
Cook tagliatelle, the pasta should remain firm to the bite.
Rinse in cold water and drain well.
Mix white sauce with nutmeg.
Arrange half tagliatelle in shallow oven proof dish.
Pour over one third of white sauce. Cover with turkey.
Pour over half of remaining sauce.
Cover with final layer of tagliatelle and remainder of sauce.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 for 25 minutes.