- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 75g/3oz wild mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ready made en croute puff pastry sheets, thawed for 30 minutes
- 4 turkey breast fillet steaks, about 100g/4oz each in weight a little beaten egg
- Seasonal vegetables and salad to serve
1.Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, 15 minutes before baking. Heat oil in a pan and gently sautÃ© onion and pepper for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to sautÃ© for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms have wilted. Remove from heat and stir in parsley with seasoning to taste. Cool then drain.
2.Place pastry sheets, lattice side down on work surface and divide the drained mushroom mixture between the sheets, placing it down the centre.
3.Wipe breast fillet steaks and place on top of mushroom mixture. Brush edges lightly with beaten egg and wrap pastry round completely encasing the fillet. Pinch edges firmly together to seal.
4.Turn parcel over and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with a little beaten egg.
5.Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is well risen and golden brown. Serve with seasonal vegetables or salad.