- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 115g/ 4oz ready prepared chestnuts, finely chopped
- 50g/ 2oz ready to eat dried apricots, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp mixed chopped herbs
- 2 x 500g boned out British Turkey breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 225g / 8oz long grain rice, boiled
- Few salad leaves
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas 4. Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the onions for a few minutes to soften.
Add the chestnuts, apricots and red pepper, fry for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and add the herbs and season well.
Place one turkey breast cut side uppermost on a work surface. Spread the stuffing over and cover the second turkey breast, skin side uppermost.
Secure the turkey with string. Loosely wrap the turkey in foil and place in a roasting tin. Roast for 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool and then chill until ready to slice. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves with a rice accompaniment.
TIP: If you want to use a large turkey leg, remove the bone and fill with the stuffing. Secure the end with cocktail sticks and roast covered with foil for 1 hour 10 minutes.
Remove the foil and roast for a further 15 minutes or until the turkey juices run clear.