- 8 slices of sourdough bread, large
- Butter, softened
- 8 Brussels sprouts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp of red cabbage, leftover
- 20 slices of turkey breast, leftover
- 20 slices of turkey leg, leftover
- Leftover stuffing
- 8 tbsp of Gouda, grated
- Bread sauce, leftover, optional
- 4 tbsp of cranberry sauce
Start by applying generous amounts of butter to each slice of bread. Spread the cranberry sauce on the unbuttered side.
Place 4 slices of the bread on to a work surface, buttered side down. Distribute each ingredient and layer evenly on to the cranberry sauce, If you wish you can add the cheese to the bread sauce. Season well with salt and pepper and place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top with the buttered-side up.
Either cook over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan , or under a medium grill or in a preheated panini press on a medium setting.
Cook until the filling is hot and the cheese melts.
Remove from the heat and slice each toastie in half.
Recipe courtesy of www.greatbritishchefs.com