- 4 x 115g British turkey breast slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 stale slices white bread, cubed and lightly fried
- 1 small head Cos lettuce or 2 Little Gem, roughly sliced
- 75g Parmesan slices, long shaved
- 1 medium egg yolks
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tbsp any vinegar
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 salted anchovy fillets
- Pinch black pepper ground
- 100ml olive oil
Place the egg yolks, garlic, vinegar, mustard, anchovies and black pepper in a liquidiser and blitz until smooth.
Add the oil in a thin stream until the dressing comes together.
The dressing should coat the lettuce leaves nicely but not be too thick. If the dressing is too thick, add a touch of water.
Heat the oil and sauté the turkey slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked, then keep warm.
Make sure the lettuce is well drained then dress the leaves with the dressing and stir through the bread cubes.
Place in deep bowls and top with the cooked warmed turkey slices and Parmesan cheese shavings.
© Phil Vickery