- 1 large onion, chopped
- 250g fresh white or brown breadcrumbs
- 125g shredded suet
- 2 lemons, grated zest of one and juice of two
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped marjoram, or 1 tbsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill, or 1 tsp dried
- 75g chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
- Stock or white wine to mix
- Salt and ground black pepper
Boil the onions in a little stock or water for 5 mins.
Next chop, reserving the liquid for use later.
Mix with all the other ingredients until you have a firm, moist mixture, using the reserved liquid, stock or wine to moisten if necessary.
Season well and chill until required.