- 500g/1lb 2oz leftover cooked British Turkey breast strips
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated or finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml/1/4pt orange juice
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and black pepper
- 2tbsp snipped chives
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, carrot and celery and fry gently, with the pan covered, for about 10 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Add the coriander and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, orange juice and tomato puree, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the cooked turkey strips, season to taste and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with the chives sprinkled over and accompany with a green vegetable of your choice.
Tip: If you prefer a smooth sauce, liquidise it in a food processor and return to the pan before adding the turkey