- ½ tsp five spice powder
- dash of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese oyster sauce
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 4 British turkey breast fillets, cut into 1 cm cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g peeled fresh root ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 large ripe mango, sliced into long pieces
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- boiled rice, to serve
Mix the five spice, soy sauce and oyster sauce together in a bowl and season lightly. Set aside.
Heat a wok, add half the vegetable oil and heat until smoking, then tip in the turkey cubes and season well. Stir fry the turkey for about 4 minutes until cooked through.
Transfer the turkey to a plate and wipe the wok clean with a piece of kitchen paper.
Add the remaining oil to the wok, fry the onions until just soft, then add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Return the warm turkey to the wok, add the soy sauce mixture, mango and coriander to the mixture and warm through.
Stir well and serve with boiled rice.