- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g/11b fresh turkey stir fry strips or leftovers
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 225g/8oz pasta shapes, such as tri-coloured twists (fusille), freshly cooked
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salad leaves to serve
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large pan and stir fry the turkey and garlic for 3 minutes or until the turkey is sealed. Add the green pepper and chilli powder and continue to stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the grated orange and lemon rind with the cooked pasta and the tomatoes with the fruit juices, honey and seasoning to taste. Continue to stir fry for 2/3 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
Serve on assorted salad leaves.
N.B. Cook the pasta in plenty lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until ‘al dente’ or according to packet instructions.