- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 British turkey breast steaks
- 1 large courgette, chopped or sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 150ml1/4pt dry white wine
- 300ml/1/2pt chicken stock
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp red pesto
- 4tbsp crème fraiche
- 12 black olives
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the turkey steaks on both sides.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the courgette and pepper to the pan and fry over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the wine, bubble for 1 minute, and then add the stock, tomato puree and red pesto.
Return the turkey to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Stir in the crème fraiche, bring the sauce back to simmering point and scatter over the olives.
Serve with pasta, rice or sauté potatoes