- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tbsp chopped, fresh basil
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 glass red wine
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- salt and cracked black pepper
- pinch sugar
- 500g British turkey mince
- boiled pasta, tagliatelle or penne
- sliced char grilled ciabatta slices to serve
- grated parmesan, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
Add the turkey mince and brown slightly.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook gently over a low heat until thick and shiny.
Season well with salt and cracked black pepper.
Remove from the stove and cool slightly. Add a little more olive oil to get a glossy appearance
Serve with boiled pasta such as tagliatelle or penne.
Top with a little grated Parmesan cheese and eat with warm ciabatta.
© Phil Vickery