- 450g / 1lb fresh turkey stir fry strips
- 2 tsp. Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1 tsp. clear honey, warmed
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp medium dry sherry
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 carrots, about 225g / 8oz in weight, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 100g / 4oz unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 tsp. cornflower
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- freshly cooked basmati and wild rice to serve
Place the turkey stir fry strips in a shallow dish. Blend the Chinese Five Spice powder with the honey, soy sauce and sherry, pour over the turkey and stir lightly.
Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally during marinating.
Drain the turkey, reserving the marinade. Heat a wok or a large pan and pour in the sunflower oil.
Add the turkey stir fry strips and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and red pepper strips and continue to stir fry for 3 more minutes before stirring in the marinade.
Sprinkle in the spring onions and cashew nuts and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the turkey is tender.
Blend the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water, add to the wok or pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the sesame oil, give a final stir and serve the turkey stir fry with freshly cooked rice.