- 450g/1 lb British turkey stir fry strips
- 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 150g/5oz baby sweetcorn, halved
- 15ml/1 tbsp ground paprika
- 5ml/1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 2.5 ml/½ tsp ground chilli, dried oregano and caster sugar
- juice 2 limes
- soured cream
- ready-made salsa
- soft flour tortillas
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the turkey and stir fry over a high heat for 4 minutes or until golden brown all over.
Add the onion, peppers and sweetcorn and stir fry for 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Reduce the heat to low, add the spices, oregano and sugar, and stir fry for 30 seconds. Then add the lime juice and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring. Remove from the heat. Warm the flour tortillas according to packet instructions.
To serve, place a warm flour tortilla on a serving plate, spoon a little of the turkey mixture down the centre, top with soured cream, salsa or guacamole and roll up. Serve with salad if liked.
Cook’s tip: Look out for packs of fajita seasoning mix, a blend of herbs and spices sold in 20g sachets. Use a whole sachet in place of the spices, oregano and sugar.