- 4 turkey breast steaks, 150g/5oz each in weight
- 7.5cm/3 inch piece root ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Zested rind and juice 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon runny honey, warmed
- Assorted salad leaves, sharon or star fruit slices to garnish
Preheat grill and line grill rack with tin foil just before cooking, or light the barbecue 20 minutes beforehand.
Wipe turkey steaks and make 3 slashes across both sides.
Mix together ginger, spring onions, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, rind and juice of the limes and honey until blended then pour over turkey steaks. Place in a shallow dish, cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Turn steaks over at least once during marinating.
When ready to cook, place on grill rack or over barbecue coals and cook over a moderately high heat for 15-18 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Turn at least once during cooking.
Serve with salad leaves, garnished with sliced Sharon or star fruit.