- 4 x 100g / 4oz turkey quick cook steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red and yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small courgette, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Few salad leaves
- Fresh basil sprigs to garnish
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 4 large wedges focaccia bread
Wipe the turkey steaks and reserve. Place the garlic, basil and lemon rind in a food processor and blend for 1 minute. With the motor still running slowly add the lemon juice and olive oil until a paste is formed.
Add seasoning to taste. (Or pound the garlic, basil and lemon rind in a mortar, gradually blend in the lemon juice and oil until a paste is formed). Brush over the turkey steaks and leave, lightly covered in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the vegetables over a moderately high heat for 12-15 minutes or until cooked and the skins have charred slightly. Stir occasionally in the balsamic vinegar.
While the vegetables are cooking, heat a griddle pan or non stick frying pan until moderately hot. Drain the turkey steaks, add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from the pan and cut in half.
Lightly toast the focaccia wedges then arrange a few salad leaves on the base of each wedge. Add a few of the cooked vegetables then place the sliced cooked turkey steaks on top, place the lid in position, drizzle with a little olive oil.
Garnish with the basil leaves and serve, handing the remaining vegetables separately.