- 1 prepared (bought or home-made) 18cm/7 inch pizza base or prepared Italian Flat bread
- 1 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- Few dashes of Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 75g/3oz chestnut or brown mushrooms, wiped and thinly sliced
- 225g/8oz sliced cooked turkey breast
- 75g/3oz mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Prepared chilli salsa to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7, 15 minutes before cooking. Lightly oil a baking sheet with a little oil if not cooking directly on the oven shelf.
Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli if using for 5 minutes or until softened.
Add the contents of the can of tomatoes with the Hot Pepper to taste and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thick sauce is formed. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and remove from the heat and cool slightly.
Blanch the red pepper in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and reserve. Spread the pizza base with the cooled sauce then arrange the pepper slices, sliced mushrooms, turkey meat and sliced cheese on top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Served, sprinkled with the freshly chopped coriander and spoonfuls of chilli salsa.