- 450g/1lb fresh turkey mince
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into small strips
- 400g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 220g/8oz canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 12 taco shells
- A iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 8 tablespoons 0% fatfromage frais
- 50g/2oz half-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
Dry fry the turkey mince with the chilli powder in a non-stick frying pan for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until sealed.
Add the green pepper with the chopped tomatoes and their juice with the herbs and red kidney beans. Bring to the boil then simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked and most of the juice is absorbed. Stir in the spring onions.
Meanwhile heat the taco shells as directed in a preheated oven 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for 2 minutes or in the microwave as directed on the packet.
Place a spoonful of shredded lettuce in the taco shells, top with the turkey mince, a spoonful of fromage frais and sprinkle with the grated cheese, then eat.