- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1-2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 300ml / A pint low fat natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 300g / 10oz cooked diced turkey meat
- 225g / 8oz couscous
- few saffron strands
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 50g / 2oz dried cranberries or raisins
- 100g / 4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- lime wedges and mint sprigs to garnish
Blend together the spices, lemon rind and mint then stir into the yoghurt with the lemon juice. Place the turkey meat in a shallow dish, pour over the marinade, cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the couscous with the saffron strands in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stir, then cover and leave for 5 minutes. Place in the top of the steamer which is lined with muslin or clean cloth, add the spring onions and cranberries or raisins.
Steam, stirring with a fork for 10 minutes or until the grains are separated and fluffy. Place in a warm serving bowl.
Stir the halved cherry tomatoes into the turkey, then spoon on top of the warm couscous and serve garnished with lime wedges and mint sprigs.