- 550g/1lb diced turkey
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon oil1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- small piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablesponn Madras medium hot curry powder
- 600ml/1 pint turkey or chicken stock
- 150ml/1 pint coconut milk
- 3 firm bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- lemon zest and sliced red chilli to garnish
- freshly cooked basmati rice, raita and green salad to serve
Toss diced turkey in seasoned flour and reserve.
2. Heat oil then gently saute the onion, garlic, chillies and ginger for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Madras curry powder and continue to saute for 3 more minutes.
3. Add turkey to the pan, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the turkey is sealed.
4. Gradually stir in stock and then the coconut milk. Bring to boil still stirring then cover with a lid. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Slice the bananas and add to the pan with lemon juice and cook for a further 5 minutes or until turkey is tender.
6. Stir in yogurt and heat through for 3 minutes then serve garnished with zested lemon rind and sliced chilli.