- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 420g turkey steaks, cut into 1cm strips against the grain of the meat
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger / pinch ground ginger
- Roughly 250g green beans, cooked (frozen are fine)
- 300g cooked rice to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the turkey strips for 4-5 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Removed from the pan and keep warm.
Add a tiny splash of oil in the pan and add the garlic and ginger.
Cook for around 1 minute stirring frequently so it’s cooked and soft but not brown or burned.
Add the honey and soy sauce to the pan and stir well over a medium heat.
Simmer gently for around 2 minutes so it reduces slightly.
Return the turkey to the pan and mix it well so it’s all coated with the sauce.
Add a splash of hot water if you think it’s too dry.
Finally stir through the green beans and serve with rice.