- 400g British turkey strips
- 100g smoked lean bacon or pancetta
- 25ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 whole leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 1tsp poppy seeds
- 50-100ml turkey/chicken stock
- 100ml whipping cream
- Arrow root, diluted with cold water for thickening
- 100g cooked pasta of choice per person
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3tbls grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkling of chopped fresh herbs, chives, marjoram, coriander etc
Stir fry the turkey strips with the smoked bacon in the olive oil along with the garlic and shallots.
Cook out but do not colour.
Add the leeks and poppy seeds, lightly stir fry until cooked, then add the turkey stock and cream, bring to the boil, thicken with a little arrowroot and season.
Stir in the cooked pasta, portion, and serve sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh herbs.