- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g/11b leftover cooked British Turkey, cut into strips
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- ½-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 225g/8oz pasta shapes, such as tri-coloured twists (fusille), freshly cooked
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salad leaves to serve
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large pan and stir fry the turkey and garlic for 3 minutes or until the turkey is heated through.
Add the green pepper and chilli powder and continue to stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the grated orange and lemon rind with the cooked pasta and the tomatoes with the fruit juices, honey and seasoning to taste.
Continue to stir fry for 2‑3 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
Serve warm or cold on assorted salad leaves.
N.B. Cook the pasta in plenty lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until ‘al dente’ or according to packet instructions.