- 50g/2oz whole blanched almonds
- 450g/1lb fresh turkey mince
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purÃ©e
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18 currants
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5, 10 minutes before cooking. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Cut the whole almonds into thin slivers and reserve.
2.Place the turkey mince with the chopped onion, tomato puree and seasoning into a mixing bowl and mix together. Divide into six portions. With clean damp hands form into hedgehog shapes by shaping a ball then pulling out one end to form the snout.
3.Stud the hedgehog with the slivers of almonds and place 2 currants in position as eyes and 1 currant as the mouth.
4.Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the almonds are golden on their tips. Remove from the oven and serve.