- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed and chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g cooked chestnuts, peeled and chopped
- 100g dried mangoes or no-need-to-soak apricots, finely chopped
- 175g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg, beaten
Heat the oil then sauté the onion, garlic and celery for 5 mins or until softened.
Removed from the heat.
Add the lemon zest, chestnuts, mangoes or apricots, breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste.
Bind together with the beaten egg and sufficient lemon juice to make a soft but not sticky mixture.
Use to stuff the neck cavity only.
Cook any remaining stuffing separately.