- 450g/1lb fresh turkey mince
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1-2 tsp. chilli powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 220g/8oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 8 large wheat tortilla pancakes
- Shredded lettuce, tomato salsa, grated cheese, soured cream to serve
1. Dry fry the turkey mince in a large frying pan and gently sauté for 5-8 minutes or until the turkey is sealed, breaking up any lumps of mince with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle in the chilli powder and seasoning then cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring throughout. Add the contents of the can of tomatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add the red kidney beans and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the turkey is cooked and a thick sauce is formed. Stir in the chopped coriander.
4. Warm the pancakes as directed on the packet, then arrange some shredded lettuce on the pancake, top with some of the turkey mince, then add salsa, grated cheese and soured cream. Fold over and eat.