- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g diced British turkey thigh meat
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- ½tsp chilli paste or powder
- 230g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 50g creamed coconut, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of leaf coriander, chopped
- Naan or rice
- Mango chutney
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the turkey in batches for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
Drain from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the red pepper, courgette and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the curry paste and chilli, add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
Return the turkey to the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes.
Stir in the cream and chopped coconut and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the coconut has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Season and serve with the coriander sprinkled over.
Accompany with naan bread or rice and mango chutney.