- 6 turkey breast steaks (approx 550g/1lb.4oz)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 plump garlic cloves, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped corriander
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g / 8oz small new potatoes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 100g / 4oz Feta or Haloumi cheese, cubed
- 50g / 2oz plump black olives
- 2 limes, halved and cut into chunks
1. Cut each turkey steak into two or three pieces.
2. Put the turkey pieces into a shallow dish with 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon rind, coriander, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Lightly toss turkey in the marinating ingredients. Cover and chill for 4 hours, or overnight.
3. Part-boil potatoes for 4 minutes. Rinse in cold water, drain potatoes and cut into half crossways.
4. Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large shallow pan; add the onion and fry briskly for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes. Spoon the drained onion and potatoes into a large shallow ovenproof dish.
5. Drain turkey pieces from their marinade. Add the turkey to the hot fat remaining in the pan, and fry until lightly golden on all sides.
6. Add the turkey to the onion and potatoes, together with the cheese, olives and limes. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and spoon over the turkey marinade.
7. Bake at 190°C / 375°F /Gas Mark 5 for 35 minutes.
8. Serve piping hot with char-grilled peppers and a salad.